Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ranting about Time

Trying to balance my kids' overactive social calendar with my own need for professional time is exausting. I doubt anyone ever does this perfectly well, and even if they're the mom extraordinaire - I bet they're hiding some flaw somewhere... Egads, there just isn't enough time in the day for all of this.

I have an article to write, a fiction submission that needs editing, and a laundry list of other writing assignments that need my attention....... but I also have a four year old dumping all the game pieces from the cabinet into one large pile on the table, a daughter's birthday party that enticed 25 eight year olds to my house, and a six year old with more party and playdates than I could possibly account for................ plus, you know, dinners, baths, schoolwork, and..... oh, I don't know, breathing time.

That's it for my rant for today.................... I didn't know what else to write, so I thought I'd complain.......... if you're stopping for the first time, hopefully my other entries will be more entertaining.........................

No comments: