I thought it might be a good time for a writing contest... why not? Middle of summer when most of us have the least amount of time....
The lovely Ello (by the way, the new blog and picture are stunning – lucky Da Man) inspired this little writing contest, with her latest blog on Scaredy Cats
The rules are simple and anyone can play.
1. Write a short story, essay, anecdote, or personal memoir on a horror inducing subject matter. It can be anything from slasher to ghost story, paranormal or otherwise. Anything goes.
2. Form – It’s up to you. You can use traditional fiction, poetry, screenplay... I’m interested in any type of writing you’d like to include – the more variety the better.
3. Post your entry on your own blog, with a link back here and announcement on the contest – I’d love as much participation as you guys can generate... after all, we’ll all get to read a lot of different work and, best of all, get some new material for our own summer campfires.
4. Deadline: All entries must be posted by Friday, July 25th at 11:59 pm, Central Time
5. Once you’ve posted, make sure to drop back here and leave me a comment to let me know it’s up and included.
On Saturday, I’ll post a follow up blog with links to all of the entries so everyone will know where to find them. Judging will be done by you, the readers. On the follow up post, commenters can vote for their favorites. The prize is simple bloggy glory. I’ll post (with your permission) the winner’s full entry here, with links back to your blog. (I know, how cheap am I?) Or, if you prefer, an open critique, but that’s up to the winner.
So what do you say? Who’s game?